Certificate by equivalence is opened to senior Sports Medicine doctors trained or specialised in UEMS members countries under the following criteria:
- 10 years of certified specialised Sports Medicine practice, registered in their country (for transient period till 31/12/2013 the Jury will decide on individual basis);
- to practise Sports Medicine within a multi-disciplinary group for at least 80% of his or her time during the last 10 years;
- published papers:
- either 2 peer-reviewed papers published in sports medicine international journals (i.e. indexed in one of the main scientific databases: Pubmed/Medline, ISI-SCI, Excerpta Medica, see annex) within the previous 10 years;
- or 5 peer-reviewed papers in sports medicine subject published at least in national peer-reviewed medical journals within the previous 10 years;
- or 1 peer-reviewed paper published in sports medicine international journal (i.e. indexed in one of the main scientific databases: Pubmed/Medline, ISI-SCI, Excerpta Medica) within the previous 10 years, and at least 3 peer-reviewed papers in sports medicine subject published at least in national peer-reviewed medical journals within the previous 10 years.
The senior sports medicine specialist interested to become E. Board certified by equivalence, who fulfils the criteria:
- Fills an application for Certification by Equivalence: DOWNLOAD – application form
- Pays directly to the Treasurer the fees in euro by credit transfer. The applicant’s name on the bank proof must be clearly written.
- Submits a file with all necessary documents together with the copy of the bank proof in electronic form to the National Manager of his/her country, to the Chairperson of Certification by Equivalence and to the Treasurer.
Download the Application Form for the European Board Certification By Equivalence
Read the Duties of the National Managers
Other useful documents:
The Training, Qualification and Continuous Professional Development of the Medical Specialist in the Future, a Challenge for the UEMS
Requirements for Sports Medicine training
Sports Medicine Specialty Core Curriculum for European Countries
Sports Medicine action plan 2009-12