1. Council of the European Union conclusions on the promotion of motor skills, physical and sport activities for children. Brussels, 25 November 2015.
2. Faigenbaum AD, Lloyd RS, Myer D. Youth Resistance Training: Past Practices, New Perspectives, and Future Directions. PES. 2013:25;591-604.
3. Faigenbaum AD, Lloyd RS, MacDonald J, Myer GD. Citius, Altius, Fortius: beneficial effects of resistance training for young athletes: Narrative review. Br J Sports Med. 2016;50:3–7.
4. Kari JT, Tammelin TH, Viinikainen J, Hutri-Kähönen N, Raitakari OT, Pehkonen J. Childhood Physical Activity and Adulthood Earnings. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016 Jul;48(7):1340-6.
5. Emma Solomon-Moore, Simon J Sebire, Janice L Thompson, Jesmond Zahra, Debbie A Lawlor, Russ Jago. Are parents’ motivations to exercise and intention to engage in regular familybased activity associated with both adult and child physical activity? BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med 2017;2:e000137.